Monday, December 5, 2011

Best and Worst Jobs

I have had a number of 5 jobs in my lifetime. Ranging from a cook at a cheesesteak shop and working at Costco wholesale. By far, I feel that working for the cheesesteak shop was my worst job I’ve ever had. I had a mean manager who was never on time for anything and always blamed the employees for everything. The miasma atmosphere was depressing and made me want to quit everyday while I was working. Most of all, I smelled like rotten cheesesteaks every day after work. This stained my clothes, my hair, and my daily confidence. To sum it all up, I got laid off for leaving and going to my grandfather’s funeral out of state, after I had given the manager a notice two weeks in advance. This was a complete shock to me, but I was happy the torture of the cheesesteak smell and work was over. I soon began working for Costco Wholesale, which was not my favorite job. My favorite job by far, was working as a certified fingerprint roller, under a company called Certifix. I fingerprinted the providers for the In Care Home Service. This really helped me with my social and people skills. I had to work with people from all ethnicities and mostly those who couldn’t speak English. This really helped with communication skills through language barriers. I found myself asking common greeting words from different ethnicities, so I could be able to at least greet my next customer. I felt like both my jobs really helped evolve my people skills and how well I communicate with others. This will really help in my internship because I will have the opportunity to interact with people from different backgrounds. In the end, even if I hated the job, it helped my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment