Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Break 2

My family is the type of  family that doesn't check on one another. The only thing we did as a family is watch sports over the Christmas break and watch the Oakland Raiders lose to the San Diego Chargers. Everybody was upset and confused about the performance of their team and their efforts. This crushed my family's hopes and their playoff dreams. I actually thought it was funny that the Raiders lost because I'm not a true fan anyway. I was sad because most of my family left after the game and I felt like we should have spent more time as a family together. I don't feel like the time we spend together should be based on watching a sports game or the end of a T.V show. The moments were good while they lasted and I'm thankful to have family members that actually care about me, even if we rarely see each other.

2 comments:

  1. Other than dysfunctional families which appear to be a common trend today, glad to hear break was good. All my family discussed over the break as well was Raiders this, Raiders that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your feeling of having family you wish you could connect with more. Close friends of mine that I used to see all the time have moved away or have big responsibilities. We try to stay connected by calling or going out to eat every so often. A suggestion, if you feel comfortable to take it, is to just simply confide in your family and make a tradition of getting together once or a few times a month to just hang out. I am sorry the Raiders lost though.

    ReplyDelete